AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 14, 2004 11:17AM
> Could you please let me know whether my scripts are correct to
> fulfill my purposes?

The script itself seems to be fine. One concern is that you have only two subjects. A more statistically valid analysis would usually require at least 10 subjects.

> If these 5 runs are scanned consecutively in the same session,
> coupld you please give me some scripts about how to analyze
> them according to my purpose?

Basically you can concatenate those 5 runs after timing correctoin and volume registration, and then run deconvolution/regression analysis.

You can see more details including an example script in HowTo5 ([afni.nimh.nih.gov]). Check specifically section "G. Concatenate runs with AFNI '3dTcat'".

> could you please give me some explanation about the difference
> of between 'the estimation of difference between two factor level
> means ( option -adiff or -bdiff )' and 'the estimation of a contrast
> ( option -acontr or -bcontr)' ? I do not completely understand
> their difference.

As you can see from the 3dANOVA manual, -adiff/bdiff tests whether two levels of a factor are equal. Two subbriks will be generated with one being intensity of the difference and the other its t statistic (double-tailed).

-acontr/bcontr is used to test any linear combinations among the levels of a factor, including difference between two factor levels. In other words, -acontr/bcontr is more general than -adiff/bdiff, and in fact you can run whatever contrast tests without resorting to -adiff/bdiff and -amean/bmean. In this sense -adiff/bdiff and -amean/bmean superfulous.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

How to find main effect with 3dANOVA2

Bin December 11, 2004 07:09PM

Re: How to find main effect with 3dANOVA2

Gang Chen December 12, 2004 07:00AM

Bin December 13, 2004 07:39PM

Gang Chen December 14, 2004 11:17AM