AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 21, 2004 04:57PM
The latest release of AFNI is available now. Changes include
- thresholding of RGB datasets used as overlays
- you can change the titlebar label for a dataset, using the 'label2' field in the .HEAD file (set by 3drefit -label2) and setting the environment variable AFNI_TITLE_LABEL2 to YES
These are both from last night and this morning. I'm sure there are other things, but I can't recall them at this instant. I'm sure Ziad will chime in about SUMA. Oh yeah, we are working on some DTI stuff, but the first software (cf. 3dDTeig and 3dDWItoDTI) are just now available and not very sophisticated (yet). NIfTI-1 file support is in the works, but not yet fully actualized.

The version numbering system used in AFNI has changed. The old-style nice looking version numbers like '2.56f' are no more. The new-style ugly version numbers are something like 'AFNI_2004_12_21_1553', which encode the date and time of the code freeze for release. This is semi-automatically generated, rather than updated whenever it occured to me (not very often). Recall the AFNI motto: "All users are beta testers for life" (I'm sure it would sound more impressive in Latin). Now the version numbers will change more frequently, so you will become more aware of this perpetual flux in the code.
Subject Author Posted

AFNI version update

Robert Cox December 21, 2004 04:57PM

Re: AFNI version update

Ziad S. Saad December 21, 2004 05:06PM

Tom Holroyd December 21, 2004 05:09PM

Robert Cox December 21, 2004 05:20PM

Tom Holroyd December 21, 2004 05:35PM