AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 22, 2004 10:13AM
Good Morning

Let me start on a positive note by saying I think I'm making headway!

So, I am trying to find someone who might be around to help me with the FreeSurfer stuff...but in the meantime I am going to try to generate an AFNI dataset from the coordinates from my label files (ignoring the first column that is the node index). Looking over some of the previous postings there was mention of 3dSurf2Vol to do this. --Maybe this will solve the problem that I am getting with the node index from mri_label2label, but I'm not getting my hopes up!--

The posting I have referred to is pasted below. The 3dSurf2Vol command I have tried to use is this:
3dSurf2Vol \
-surf_A wm \
-surf_B pial \
-surf_xyz_1D rh.IT.1D'[1-3]' \
-grid_parent SurfVol_Alnd_Exp+orig \
-map_func mask \
-prefix rh.IT

What I'm finding is what appears to be the right SHAPE for the label file. It is no longer a series of random speckles....BUT it's location is wrong. (for example, something that should be right IT is coming up in the left prefrontal cortex). It's hard to be completely sure, but I think it's the right shape for what WOULD be IT if it were superimposed on that part of the structural brain.

Any ideas?

As Always --much appreciation
Jennine

********previous posting********************

If your only goal is to map these coordinates to a volume,
you might just try:

3dSurf2Vol -surf_xyz_1D MY_COORDS.1D'[1-3]' \
-grid_parent AFNI_DSET+orig \
-map_func mask
-prefix SURF_DSET

Here, MY_COORDS.1D is your coordinate file. Columns 0 and
4 are ignored, and 1-3 hold the coordinates. SURF_DSET is
whatever prefix you want for your AFNI dataset.

For more information on this, see "3dSurf2Vol -help",
example #4. Note that you need version 3.4 for this, as I
had trashed the -surf_xyz_1D option in version 3.0.

Please let me know how it goes.

- rick
Subject Author Posted

3dSurf2Vol - labels to AFNI

Jennine December 22, 2004 10:13AM

Re: 3dSurf2Vol - labels to AFNI

Robert Cox December 22, 2004 01:00PM

rick reynolds December 22, 2004 01:22PM

Jennine December 22, 2004 01:25PM