AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 06, 2005 05:49PM
Chunming,

I found that by the plug-in deconvolution,and DC fit,the modeled curve fit the original time series to some extent, and below the baseline.So this meant the deactivation should not be doubted?

Well, if you are sure the signal is below the baseline across the whole session for that specific stimulus, then you might get deactivation. If this is the case across all the subjects, it would be more convincing.

In addition, due to the task was naming, in some time points,the movement was big,such as head jerk.So should I add motion parameters into the GLM?

There are a couple of approaches to deal with head movement. If you see big spikes, try to use 3dDespike. If they are a couple of isolated time points, you can use option -censor in 3dDeconvolve. Adding motion parameters as extra regressors is another solution. You might have to try all of them and see which works best.

And if I added time lag, such as maxlag=3, but only the first lag(1 0 0 0)was examined, by which deactivation decreased significantly,was it reasonable?

Did you set up 3dDeconvolve with minlags = 0 and maxlags = 3? I thought that you had a block design, no? I am not sure what your question is here.

normalizing the data before deconvolve might underestimate the percent change of signal in some cases

Yes, it would underestimate the percent signal change, but the amount most of the time would be negligible. I would not be worried about it unless you see the baseline constant is way off from 100 (e.g. bigger than 110).

Gang
Subject Author Posted

About deactivation

Chunming Lu January 04, 2005 07:59AM

Re: About deactivation

Gang Chen January 05, 2005 12:58PM

Chunming Lu January 06, 2005 01:01AM

Chunming Lu January 06, 2005 02:34AM

Gang Chen January 06, 2005 05:49PM