AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 02, 2005 01:37PM
hello all,

Registration of a volume and functionals into tlrc space has been a problem for me for quite some time now. I have bugged this board by asking a lot of silly questions before and so am continuing to do so as I am now totally confused. I do not know much about anatomy and so am trying to avoid using AFNI tools of marking the AC-PC etc (as I might mark them wrong), aligning to AC-PC and then getting the data into Talaraich space. I have tried using FSL-FLIRT algorithm and mritotal and mincresample in MINC.

I have the following concerns:
1. In case of FSL, I used their standard template which is the avg152 brain. I used 3dAFNItoANALYZE, then FSL-FLIRT and then 3dcopy to get the nii file back to AFNI. I understand that even though I have got an "orig" format dataset now it is registered to the avg152template. As I want to avoid using the AC-PC etc, thought I could use 3drefit -view tlrc to observe it in tlrc which I could. But I guess this isnt the correct way to do it cause the voxel size, extent, number of voxels etc is different. So for e.g. if I launch the TTatlas the areas would be all haywire.
Could anyone please suggest a proper method of doing this in FSL and getting it back into AFNI.

2. I also did try MINC. The MINC brain is bigger and so even though I have a tlrc brain after using 3dAFNItoANALYZE, mritotal, mincresample, 3dcopy , I get a larger brain datset. Back again, though it is in tlrc space, being a bigger brain, dont think ttatlas etc would work. Could anyone suggest a method of how to go about doing this in MINC.

3. I have received feed back from people who suggested that with functional data, I could just adwarp onto a given template or also adwarp onto the volume which has been registered to a template already. Could I just do adwarping or should I be registering the functional data to these templates? I tried registering the time series and then ran 3dDeconvolve and also tried running 3dDeconvolve first and then registering. The picture looks nice but with the dimensions being all haywire I dont think it is correct.

4. Is there any other software I should play aaround with or just stop doing so as I am already confused.

Please do help.

thanks
nameeta
Subject Author Posted

registration concerns

nameeta May 02, 2005 01:37PM

Re: registration concerns

Donna Hanlon May 03, 2005 08:39AM