AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 03, 2005 08:39AM
Hi Nameeta,

I'm wondering whether you could use FSL's flirt to do the normalization, but use the TTatlas as the -ref when you write out the output volume. Example:

This command registers generates an affine transform (.mat file) registering the avg152T1.hdr template to your individual (note that FSL recommends you use the clearest/best image as the ref image):

flirt -in avg152T1.hdr -ref my_individual.hdr -omat avg152_to_my_individual.mat -bins 256 -cost corratio -searchrx -90 90 -searchry -90 90 -searchrz -90 90 -dof 12 -interp trilinear

Now invert the matrix so it's your individual to avg152:

convert_xfm -matonly -omat my_individual_to_avg152.mat -inverse avg152_to_my_individual.mat

Now apply the matrix to my_individual.hdr, using TTatlas's bounding box, origin, etc:

flirt -in my_individual.hdr -applyxfm -init my_individual_to_avg152.mat -out my_individual+tlrc.hdr -paddingsize 0.0 -interp trilinear -ref TTatlas.hdr

I haven't tried this myself for the purposes you describe. Note also that you might need to play with the interp options to get a satisfactory result, depending on your input.

Donna
Subject Author Posted

registration concerns

nameeta May 02, 2005 01:37PM

Re: registration concerns

Donna Hanlon May 03, 2005 08:39AM