AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Oori
May 05, 2005 07:57PM
Hi SUMA users,
I'm using SurfSmooth from SUMA version 2004_12_29, and have run into unpredicted behavior. I'm posting in case someone can give me information on this (and in case people run into the same thing in the future)

I am smoothing surface data using the LB_FEM method, and providing the necessary arguments.
When the surf_A argument is specified as a complete path to the surface, I receive:
Error SurfSmooth: Failed to read input surface.

However, when I have the script "change directory" into the directory in which the input surface lives (the surface referred to by surf_A), and refer to the surface in a local path manner, the script works without a glitch.

I am attaching below that two versions of the script that differ only in whether the -surf_A argument is given as a full path or local path.

(1) Working Version:
foreach x (04)
cd /nfs/raidzone/data/NL-ODS/freesurf/subjects/$x/SUMA/
foreach H (lh rh)
SurfSmooth -spec /nfs/raidzone/data/NL-ODS/freesurf/subjects/04/SUMA/ODS_"$x"_"$H"_mesh140_std.spec -surf_A ODS_"$x"_"$H"_mesh140_std.smoothwm.asc -add_index -met LB_FEM -input /nfs/raidzone/data/NL-ODS/freesurf/subjects/"$x"/SUMA/surface.analysis/ODS_"$x"_"$H"_intend-surf.1D\[6] -Niter 100 -fwhm 4 -output /nfs/raidzone/data/NL-ODS/freesurf/subjects/"$x"/SUMA/surface.analysis/smooth.S"$x"_H"$H"_intend.1D
end
end

(2) Non working version
foreach x (04)
cd /nfs/raidzone/data/NL-ODS/freesurf/subjects/$x/SUMA/
foreach H (lh rh)
SurfSmooth -spec /nfs/raidzone/data/NL-ODS/freesurf/subjects/04/SUMA/ODS_"$x"_"$H"_mesh140_std.spec -surf_A /nfs/raidzone/data/NL-ODS/freesurf/subjects/$x/SUMA/ODS_"$x"_"$H"_mesh140_std.smoothwm.asc -add_index -met LB_FEM -input /nfs/raidzone/data/NL-ODS/freesurf/subjects/"$x"/SUMA/surface.analysis/ODS_"$x"_"$H"_intend-surf.1D\[6] -Niter 100 -fwhm 4 -output /nfs/raidzone/data/NL-ODS/freesurf/subjects/"$x"/SUMA/surface.analysis/smooth.S"$x"_H"$H"_intend.1D
end
end
Subject Author Posted

SurfSmooth problem with full-path argument

Oori May 05, 2005 07:57PM

Re: SurfSmooth problem with full-path argument

Ziad S. Saad May 06, 2005 03:06PM

Re: SurfSmooth problem with full-path argument

Oori May 08, 2005 04:03PM