AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 13, 2005 03:45PM
Hi!
I'm interested in comparing two groups on a certain contrast (task 1 vs. task 2) and have been running conjunction and difference anlayses on it:

3dcalc -prefix file \
-a 'anova_grp1+tlrc[7]' \
-b 'anova_grp2+tlrc[7]' \
-expr 'step (a-4.3) - step (b-4.3)'

for the difference, or

-expr 'step (a-4.3) * step (b-4.3)'

for the conjunction analysis.

From my understanding, the step function will transform any effect that is larger than F=4.3 into 1, and any effect that is smaller than that into 0. However, it will not consider whether this effect is due to an activation or a deactivation. Is this true? I guess I've missed something, cause otherwise it will consider an activation (e.g., in a) and a deactivation (e.g., in b) to be an overlap/similarity between the groups, as long as the F values for these contrasts are above 4.3. Is there a differentiation between activations and deactivations in the function?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

All the best,
Hedvig.

Subject Author Posted

Conjunction/Difference analysis

Hedvig September 13, 2005 03:45PM

Re: Conjunction/Difference analysis

Gang Chen September 13, 2005 05:14PM

Hedvig September 13, 2005 05:58PM

Gang Chen September 14, 2005 01:16PM