AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 11, 2005 06:51PM
Hi there,

I have a curious problem that I tried to get to the bottom of for a few days now, and I'm ready to admit lack of any further ideas.

I have run an experiment with 4 different stimulus types. I produced model responses by convolving the 4 stimulus lists with a model HRF. When I now decorrelate the measured response based on these 4 regressors, I get reasonable results for 3 of them, and an unreasonable result for the fourth. The partial F-values for this stimulus are all exactly 1000. When I remove one of the other three from the model, or declare one of the other three a baseline stimulus, this problem seems to disappear.

None of the stimulus timecourses looks suspicious, specifically I can see no difference between the troublesome one and the other three. But it has to be a problem with the stimulus timecourse, because when I swap the models around, the problematic F-scores go with this timecourse.

The X-matrix seems OK, the individual timecourses of the 4 stimuli add up correctly, so everything should work. In addition, I don't understand how a constant F-score is possible in the first place, based on the math.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help,
Kai
Subject Author Posted

F-test failure

Kai Schreiber October 11, 2005 06:51PM

Re: F-test failure

rick reynolds October 11, 2005 08:33PM

Kai Schreiber October 11, 2005 09:16PM

Gang Chen October 12, 2005 10:42AM