AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 07, 2006 05:49PM
hello-

i am wondering if there was any progress/updates to this post- i used fsl (flirt) to do intermodal registration (one image from a EPI timeseries to high res anat) from which i obtained a fsl .mat file (4 x 4 matrix) as the first step in my pipeline. i then did all of my pre-processing and level one analyses on the unregistered timeseries, with the idea that i could just apply the transformation matrix to the psc change files prior to stereotaxic normalization for level two analyses. when i applied the transformation matrix to the psc files (again using flirt and the .mat file from the original registration) it worked beautifully (ie good spatial alignment with the t1) with the exception that all of the psc values were now changed. i tried to see if this was due to the application of some scalar but it was not immediately evident to me that this was the case (not sure if i was looking in the right places or if things were changed due to the interpolation or something else). the range of values (stored as floats) changed from -4.53... to 6.89... in the psc file prior to the application of the transformation matrix via flirt to -.0008... to .00127... following the transformation.

my questions- can 3dWarp or 3drotate or some other program read in the 4x4 matrix from fsl and do the appropriate transformation. i did not see an option and when i tried using the -fsl_matvec file with 3dwarp the data were still misaligned. this would be wonderbar if it existed.

if not, is there another program like cat_matvec that can be used to transform the fsl matrix into something that afni can use.

either one would be greatly appreciated prior to the afni intermodal registration program. thanks

andy
Subject Author Posted

FSL .mat to .matvec format

vitaly October 18, 2005 05:44PM

Re: FSL .mat to .matvec format

Robert Cox October 19, 2005 10:03AM

vitaly October 19, 2005 11:07AM

Robert Cox October 19, 2005 11:18AM

vitaly October 19, 2005 11:38AM