AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 13, 2005 02:59PM
Hi Ziad/Peggy,

I empirically tested this idea out (substituting the RMS error column data from -rprefix as an in-plane motion vector). I created from the raw slice data two additional time series datasets. In one dataset, 2dImReg was applied before 3dtshift, (since it acts slice-wise) and in the other dataset, 2dImReg was run on the interpolated time-series volumes after 3dtshift.

Running 3dDeconvolve with both alternate datasets indicated that I had lost some power compared to using just 3dvolreg with its -dfile output in the model. This suggests that in-plane motion was not sufficiently controlled for in the model when I tried to approximate it with .oldrms output.

I suspect that RMS would be higher in volumes when motion has occurred, but it's not the same datum as an actual calculated translocation, as is obtained when using -dfile in 3dvolreg. The closest approximation in the existent 2dImReg is the output from -dprefix, where one uses the -dmm operator so as to get that output in mm.

Unfortunately, that .dx .dy output is separately calculated and dumped out for every image collected. In my case, since the NMRF3t lets you obtain 16 slices per second, that's 9600 lines of data for a 600 second, 300 volume scanning run!

Is there any way 2dImReg could be explanded to allow for calculation and dumping of a *volume-wide approximation* of in-plane adjustment across the whole volume, so you get a text output that equals the number of volumes to easily put into a model? Alternatively, could an operator be added to the program that would at least dump out corrections for only a single slice of the montage, such as the base slice as a default?

Jim B
Subject Author Posted

2d motion correction for sagittal acquisition

Jim Bjork November 30, 2005 02:21PM

Re: 2d motion correction for sagittal acquisition

Godot November 30, 2005 04:43PM

Jim Bjork December 01, 2005 04:59PM

Jim Bjork December 08, 2005 09:50AM

Godot December 08, 2005 11:58AM