AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 07, 2005 11:55AM
Hello,
I'm trying to write a stimulus file for a fast, event related experiment. I have 3 different compound trial types that have different durations. Trial type I has a duration of 6TRs, trial type II has a duration of 3TRS, and Trial type III has a duration of 1 TR.
When generating the stimulus file to be used in 3dDeconvolve (in which I am specifying each TR of the experiment), do I need to code a '1' for each TR that a trial type is occuring, or just put a "1" indicating the start of that trial type? I'm worried that by just coding for the start of the trial that the fixation baseline will be mis-sampled.
For example, if I have trial type I (6TRs) followed by 2TRs of fixation, followed by trial type II (2TRs), should my stimulus file look like A or B:

A:

Trial type I Trial type II Trial type III
1 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 1 0
0 0 0