AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 31, 2007 08:33PM
Hi AFNI gurus,

I'm a long time reader, but first time writing in :) I am fairly comfortable using AFNI for individual subject analyses, but am a little confused now that I have moved over into a group analysis. Here's my situation and question:

I have performed a paired-samples t-test using 3dttest. When I open the AFNI GUI to see the map generated by this t-test, I select a tlrc'ed brain for the underlay, and then the name of the fitt file that was generated by 3dttest for the overlay. Then, I click on the "define function" button. Here is where I run into trouble: I'm not sure which subrick to select for the overlay, and which subrick to select for the threshold. There are two subricks in my fitt file, and I realize that subrick 0 is the "intensity", and subrick 1 is the "student t-test", but I am not sure what this exactly means, and which subrick to select for which item.

I of course have tried various combinations, just to see what it would look like, but I want to make sure that I am really looking at my t values correctly. Any guidance would be extremely appreciated :)

Thanks for your help,
Corianne
Subject Author Posted

3dttest / GUI

Corianne Rogalsky January 31, 2007 08:33PM

Re: 3dttest / GUI

Gang Chen February 01, 2007 08:57AM

Tynan Stevens May 27, 2009 04:09PM

Gang Chen May 27, 2009 06:21PM