AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 17, 2007 05:40PM
Beate,

> I´m not sure whether subbrick #0 (Full_Fstat) is my baseline constant

Are you sure your sub-brick #0 is full-F? If so, the scaling in your method 2 was not done correctly because your sub-brick #0 is F-statistic, not real baseline.

Overlay in AFNI is usually a statistical value such as t or F for coloring activation pattern with thresholding, and the coloring is based on the values of your underlay (whatever you prefer to colorize).

> When I choose glt_Tstat as overlay both methods show similar results.

They should be because the thresholding remains the same.

> Does scaling before 3dDeconvolve change the information contained in the statistical subbricks
> (finally when scaling after 3dDeconvolve I only scale the coefficients)?

Scaling would not change your statistics if you only have one run of data. With multiple runs, things are a little complicated, and that is one of the reasons scaling is suggested as a pre-processing step.

See more here:

http://afni.nimh.nih.gov/sscc/gangc/TempNorm.html

Gang
Subject Author Posted

scaling and 3dDeconvolve

Beate September 16, 2007 12:29PM

Re: scaling and 3dDeconvolve

Gang Chen September 17, 2007 05:40PM

Re: scaling and 3dDeconvolve

Beate September 18, 2007 10:56AM