AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 03, 2008 01:38PM
With Rick's help, we were able to get around this snag.

What was going on was that I had been inserting blank slices as place holders which ended up moving my origin - this was the source of my coregistration issues.

I was doing this because 3dNLfim (which I was implementing slice by slice) does not output anything if the mask being used is all zeros (which some of my slices were). To get around this, I created a simple ROI of a line in the corner of the dataset that went through each slice and using 3dcalc, added this ROI to the mask I was already using.

While this means modeling dummy voxels, it's a neglible amount of extra processing time. Despite the fact that I am sure that more elegant solutions exists, this one was quick and dirty and seems to get the trick done.

Rick had suggested adding voxels to the empty slices using the following 3dcalc expression.

"So the expression was:

'isequal(i,0)*isequal(k,0)'

That would set one line to 1 in the case of slices
over the y direction. You might just add that to
an already existing mask:

3dcalc -a mask+orig -prefix mask_w_line \
-expr 'step(a + isequal(i,0)*isequal(k,0))'

So 'a' would be the old mask value, but then you would
also set any voxel along the line."
Subject Author Posted

3dZcat on many volumes

Ariel January 02, 2008 04:23PM