AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jim Bjork
January 23, 2008 01:41PM
Silly question,

I now have to use afni on a windows machine that is remotely connected to the linux box on which afni actually resides. To do this, I use Xwin-32.

I am trying to edit a VOI mask using "draw dataset" plug-in, where I am trying to create a spherical VOI. Normally, I set the radius of the sphere drawing tool and middle click a middle mouse button to draw it.

However, now I have a wheelmouse, and clicking down the wheel does nothing. Left and right mouse buttons do what they've always done-- relocate the cursor, and trigger a pop-up menu respectively.

To what operational function can I program my wheel mouse operanda in Windows so as to capture what the middle button of an older 3-button mouse does in the AFNI GUI? Is there something that would prevent this from getting translated back into linux OS via the x-win 32? As a work-around, is there some file I could alter in the AFNI configurations that would enable a keyboard command to do the same thing?

Jim B
Subject Author Posted

How to set windows wheelmouse to be able to "middle-click" in afni

Jim Bjork January 23, 2008 01:41PM

Re: How to set windows wheelmouse to be able to "middle-click" in afni

Daniel Glen January 23, 2008 04:24PM

Re: How to set windows wheelmouse to be able to "middle-click" in afni

Jim Bjork January 23, 2008 04:52PM