AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 21, 2008 04:37PM
I've been an AFNI user for over 10 years now. Needless to say, there are many things about AFNI I love. There is one thing that I have a real issue with and one that has been growing over recent years.

The issue is -- how do I keep up to date with what has changed in AFNI? New buttons appear with seemingly no explanation. When browsing around things like the class handouts I see programs in use or new plugins that I've never seen or heard of. Now, some of this is because I'm daft, distracted, and can't read every message on the message board. I just don't have time to sift through all of that. A good bit, though, is the lack of information on the AFNI site.

Take the "News" page on the site. There are 6 things in the last 12 months and none of these even list things like new releases coming out. What's there is often useful, but goes under headings that are ... not so useful. For example "Recent stuff that you should know about". Little things like putting the text you find liked from here on the news page would go a long, long way to helping.

Really, all I'm asking for is that the News site have, well, the news. Any time a plug-in is updated, any time a release is made, any time a new feature is added, could we have something here in the News? Or in some RSS feed?

Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Craig
Subject Author Posted

Blog? Some way to stay up to date? Please?

Craig Stark February 21, 2008 04:37PM

Re: Blog? Some way to stay up to date? Please?

bobcox February 21, 2008 07:19PM

Frank Haist February 23, 2008 02:22AM

Craig Stark February 26, 2008 03:16PM

groupie February 27, 2008 02:44AM

Re: Keeping up to date in AFNI space

bobcox February 27, 2008 07:38AM

Re: Keeping up to date in AFNI space

Giorgio Ganis February 27, 2008 11:52AM

rick reynolds February 29, 2008 02:32PM