AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jed Meltzer
April 09, 2008 06:15PM
Another plea to the AFNI overlords.

Have I raved before about how much I love the Render (new) plugin? It reminds me of when my parents added a room to their house when I was a toddler and now 30 years later it is still always referred to as "The New Room." Now, don't get me started on the neocortex...

Anyway, having used it to make pretty pictures for a while, there is one thing that I find myself wanting quite often, so maybe you could add it.
There is an option to "Cutout overlay," so when you cut out parts of the underlay anatomical image the overlay disappears too, rather than having blobs remain hanging out in space. That is useful, but what would even cooler would be if there were an analagous option to cut out only the overlay, and not the underlay. The reason is, sometimes I want to show and activation rendered on a sagital view of the 3d surface, and I need to use "ShowThru mode" so it will show up since it's just slightly buried in the gray matter, but there is another blob of activation nearby that is also showing up and not easy to distinguish from the one on the surface. I can eliminate the second blob by using a cutout, but then I end up showing my activation on a little sliver of lateral brain that looks weird. So if I could use the cutout just to remove the overlay but keep the whole brain showing, that would be ideal.

Thanks in advance should you choose to accept the mission!
-Jed
Subject Author Posted

volume renderer feature request

Jed Meltzer April 09, 2008 06:15PM

Re: volume renderer feature request

rick reynolds April 10, 2008 11:14AM

Re: volume renderer feature request

Jed Meltzer April 25, 2008 04:51PM