AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jed Meltzer
April 25, 2008 04:51PM
Just to follow up on this with another thought - my suggestion about the "cutout overlay" is sort of a kludge. I would still like to see it, but perhaps it is not the best solution for displaying activation that lies just beneath the surface. The problem with "showthrough" is that there is no distinction between blobs that are just beneath the surface and those that are in the middle or other side of the brain.

Another solution that could be even better is some kind of adjustable "depth weighting" function, that allows activity within a certain depth from the surface to be displayed. This feature is used in several other rendering programs such as MRIcro, MRI3dx, and SPM. So my current needs can be met by using one of those, but since I'm so far a lifelong AFNI partisan, I'd like to urge the further betterment of the volume renderer.

-Jed
Subject Author Posted

volume renderer feature request

Jed Meltzer April 09, 2008 06:15PM

Re: volume renderer feature request

rick reynolds April 10, 2008 11:14AM

Re: volume renderer feature request

Jed Meltzer April 25, 2008 04:51PM