AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 29, 2008 08:52AM
Hi Jeff,

I ran AFNI, FSL, and Freesurfer on 32-bit Linux for years with no problem, this release:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 9)
(Latest kernel = Linux 2.4.21-53.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 14 03:54:12 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux)

Now I am running all three on 64-bit Linux:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 6)

I think both Redhat and CentOS will both work. In my mind, the main consideration is ease of applying security patches and installing the OS in such a way that all the video drivers, etc., just work. We get Redhat preinstalled from Dell and pay Redhat $60/year for academic up2date/yum patches. If I had a minion to manage my systems that knew CentOS, I could save some money. To me, it is worth paying Dell/Redhat a bit more.

(And I'm sure other Linux versions, e.g., SUSE, might also work; just haven't tried them.)

Donna
Subject Author Posted

Linux version to run Freesurfer, FSL, & AFNI

jbrowndyke April 28, 2008 10:35AM

Re: Linux version to run Freesurfer, FSL, & AFNI

rick reynolds April 28, 2008 01:53PM

jbrowndyke April 28, 2008 10:40PM

Donna Dierker April 29, 2008 08:52AM

rick reynolds April 29, 2008 10:21AM