AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
hyejeen
August 14, 2008 12:20PM
Hi Rick,

I ran 2-way anova (3dANOVA2; n = 40) and found a main effect that is too huge for me to separate it into reasonable clusters.

Attached picture shows a main effect (F-stat) at an uncorrected p = 0.0001. When I run 3dclust on this threshold (using AlphaSim results of the minimum cluster size/volume), the whole blob turns out as one cluster connected throughout the brain. I had to raise the threshold to be at uncorrected p = 0.00000001 in order to see this huge blob separate into two clusters (one in the back and the other in the front); however, these two clusters are still huge in their respective volume size (e.g., 160,000 vmm3), encompassing a whole variety of regions (3dExtrema attests to this).

The goal is to have more distinct regional clusters so I can extract their values per experimental condition and run further analyses with these values. But right now I'm at loss with this huge cluster. I could keep increasing the threshold but that's at the risk of losing some regions that I'm interested in, and I'm not even sure if it's statistically correct to threshold the F-stat at the level of 1e-10.

Please advise what I could do.

Thank you so much,
Hyejeen

Subject Author Posted

clustering problem

hyejeen August 14, 2008 12:20PM

Re: clustering problem

rick reynolds August 14, 2008 02:15PM

3dmaxima weird outputs

dharol May 20, 2009 04:00PM

Re: 3dmaxima weird outputs

rick reynolds May 20, 2009 08:07PM