AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 06, 2008 12:30PM
Hello AFNI experts,

I encountered a problem with the align_epi_anat.py script, that seems to remove one of the transformation matrices when running the script.

Input files are:

- anat_avg+orig; average anatomical volume [oblique]
- anat_avg+tlrc; tailarached version (@auto_tlrc)
- sr906_frun??+orig: functional runs [oblique]

and I would like to transform the functional runs to tailarach space while retaining their original resolution (2x2x3 mm^3)

When running the script with the following parameters

align_epi_anat.py -epi sr906_frun05+orig -anat anat_avg+orig \
-child_epi sr906_frun01+orig sr906_frun02+orig sr906_frun03+orig \
sr906_frun04+orig sr906_frun05+orig sr906_frun06+orig sr906_frun07+orig \
sr906_frun08+orig -epi_base 0 -tshift on -volreg on -volreg_opts '-verb \
-dfile mcparams.txt' -suffix _bigal -big_move -epi2anat -tlrc_apar \
anat_avg+tlrc -master_tlrc SOURCE

then first it aligns the anatomical to the epi (as far as I can tell), and a file called __tt_anat_avg_ns_obla2e_mat.1D is created by the script. When preparing processing the child-epis, the script mentions

#++ Removing all the temporary files
#Script is running:
rm -f __tt_sr906_frun05*
#Script is running:
rm -f __tt_anat_avg*

which also removes the __tt_anat_avg_ns_obla2e_mat.1D file. When creating the tailarached version of the functional runs, it complaints that

#++ Inverting anat to epi matrix
#Script is running:
cat_matvec -ONELINE __tt_anat_avg_ns_obla2e_mat.1D anat_avg_bigal_e2a_only_mat.aff12.1D -I > sr906_frun01_bigal_mat.aff12.1D
** ERROR: THD_read_dvecmat: can't read matrix+vector from '__tt_anat_avg_ns_obla2e_mat.1D'
** FATAL ERROR: Can't read matrix from '__tt_anat_avg_ns_obla2e_mat.1D'

and of course on the tlrc versions of the functional runs cannot be created.

Do I do something wrong here? Why is the __tt_anat_avg_ns_obla2e_mat.1D file deleted if the script seems to need this file later on?

thanks,
Nick
Subject Author Posted

align_epi_anat.py and __tt_{anat}_ns_obla2e_mat.1D

Nick Oosterhof November 06, 2008 12:30PM

Re: align_epi_anat.py and __tt_{anat}_ns_obla2e_mat.1D

Nick Oosterhof November 06, 2008 02:17PM

Daniel Glen November 06, 2008 02:52PM

Daniel Glen November 07, 2008 11:44AM