AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 21, 2008 07:10PM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any existing bugs or any possible reasons why when I try to nudge an overlay dataset to align it with underlay, the overlay does not update at all in the viewer?

I have done this occasionally in the past with no problems - but I have 2 problematic datasets that when I try to nudge, no changes are observed in the viewer, making the nudging basically impossible. I am using the latest AFNI version (but not latest pre-compiled binaries, don't know if that could be a problem) on RHEL linux.

Specifically I am trying to nudge some cortical grey matter masks I have generated, and in this case it is much more feasible to nudge masks to anatomy rather than the other way around. (Anatomical and functional are already aligned.) Basically my original grey matter masks align fine for these 2 datasets, but the adwarp (and resampling) to the talairached anatomical is causing the problems with alignment - requiring manual adjustment.

I do not believe the problem has to do with file read/write permissions as I did chmod 777 * to all the files. Besides, no files are generated except for when you write to file ("Do All"), as far as I know.

Interestingly, when I try nudging the same datasets with my laptop running Cygwin, the nudges are reflected in the viewer, but the overlay does not look correct at all so I can't use this. (I don't think messing with the Cygwin build is necessary anyway, I just use it to view data at home on occasion.)

Thanks!

John Sheppard
Subject Author Posted

Nudge Dataset effects not updating in AFNI viewer

John Sheppard November 21, 2008 07:10PM

Re: Nudge Dataset effects not updating in AFNI viewer

rick reynolds November 24, 2008 09:24AM

John Sheppard February 21, 2009 12:11AM

John Sheppard February 22, 2009 05:11PM