AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 21, 2009 12:11AM
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply to my more recent post, and sorry it wasn't clear enough. Rather than try to explain that stuff better at the moment, I actually need to address this nudging issue I brought up awhile back before even tackling the other issues I mentioned.

To recap, the problem is that I have a mask dataset that I cannot seem to nudge using either the nudge plugin or the 3drotate command. I circumvented this before by nudging the anatomical instead, but I really need to be able to nudge the mask to be aligned with the anatomical volume, not the other way around.

I uploaded two different datasets in an archive called sheppard_nudging_data_02202009.tgz - one is the problematic grey matter mask, and the other is the anatomical. There is also a brief readme. In the header file for the GM mask, you can see that I ran the following command:

3drotate -quintic -clipit -rotate -0.93I 5.81R -3.39A -ashift -2.16S 1.16L 2.39P -prefix cortical_GM_mask_no_nudge_6mm cortical_GM_mask_6mm+tlrc

Basically, I created this dataset with the 3drotate command, and it should definitely no longer be in alignment with that anatomical (I'm trying to align it to a different dataset). However, the 3drotate command seems not to work because this mask dataset *appears* not to have changed at all when I view it as overlay in AFNI. It looks aligned just like the old one.

Caveat: When I copy these same datasets to my personal desktop, the mask overlay appears "blocky" in AFNI and then when I nudge, it *does* change. However, if I take the (blocky-looking) data that did change on the desktop and copy it back to the lab server folder as a new BRIK, it again looks "normal" but in the exact same orientation, as though it had not been nudged. I attached two images to this post to demonstrate this. (It has nothing to do with the overlay resamp mode tool - e.g. NN, Linear, etc.. It's all set to NN. Doubt this is a server connection issue because I was creating separate files and saw the same things.)

Sorry if this seems completely crazy.. not sure if anything like this has been reported before.

Thanks for the help,

John
Subject Author Posted

Nudge Dataset effects not updating in AFNI viewer

John Sheppard November 21, 2008 07:10PM

Re: Nudge Dataset effects not updating in AFNI viewer

rick reynolds November 24, 2008 09:24AM

John Sheppard February 21, 2009 12:11AM

John Sheppard February 22, 2009 05:11PM