AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Aditya
March 05, 2009 10:28PM
Hello Dave!

> DP>> Do you mean the voxelwise average over the time window? Or the spatial average over the ROI during that window?

Sorry for the imprecision. The latter.

I'm probably misunderstanding the terminology. In the context of 3dDeconvolve, "impulse response" refers to the convolved HRF, right? Is it being used in a different context here?

> DP>> From this part, it sounds like you're effectively trying to get the impulse response for that regressor averaged over the ROI.

Does IR here refer to the actual activation (since otherwise it doesn't differ per voxel, so the ROI is irrelevant)?

> It might be easier to extract the impulse response directly with -iresp option to 3dDeconvolve then use 3dMaskAve on the iresp output to get the ROI average impulse response...

You've lost me. If this means that I can extract the activation (averaged over the ROI) for only those times during which the regressor's IR is expected to be nonzero, then we're getting close.

So let me try to explain what I'm doing, a little more clearly this time:

There's a stimulus that occurs some 20 times in the experiment, and a regressor that captures this. Each time the stimulus occurs, I want to record the average activation in the ROI, for the next few seconds (until the IR is expected to return to zero). Now I have 20 time courses, each 10 seconds long. I want to average them into one 10-second time course.

In case this was obvious, and you've already explained how to do this, I apologize :)

Cheers,
A
Subject Author Posted

3dmaskave and image dimensions

Aditya March 03, 2009 01:43AM

Re: 3dmaskave and image dimensions

rick reynolds March 03, 2009 09:44AM

Aditya March 05, 2009 05:11PM

David Perlman March 05, 2009 07:04PM