AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 03, 2009 09:08PM
The data have been blurred (slightly) when interpolated to the +acpc grid. This blurring cannot be un-done by back transforming to +orig. If all you really have from this unfortunate patient is this +acpc dataset, then since those 3D images are only rotated (not scaled) from the no-longer-available +orig files, you should just DICOM-ize what you have. No extra transformation will add anything. The only thing you would get by back-transforming to +orig would be the slice orientations would be the same as acquired before, rather than with the head tilted up so the AC-PC line is horizontal-ish. And unless you know the slice thickness as acquired, you won't get the actual slice positions from before, just a set of slices parallel to the original slices. And the back warping will introduce a slight amount of further blur.

I hope this isn't for some legal purpose. If that's the case, trying to get the original DICOM from the PACS or some backup device, if at all possible, would be worth the effort.

Subject Author Posted

untransforming an anatomical file

Christine Smith April 03, 2009 01:58PM

Re: untransforming an anatomical file

Bob Cox April 03, 2009 05:07PM

Christine Smith April 03, 2009 05:26PM

bob cox April 03, 2009 09:08PM

Christine Smith April 06, 2009 06:07PM

DICOM-izing my brik file