AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 14, 2009 01:30PM
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your answers to the first two questions; I'd just like to ask you for a few clarifications on the third. You wrote:

"The final output combines transformations for obliquity, motion correction and alignment."

1. Which file actually is the final output? I understand it to be filestem_vr+orig. Relatedly, is that file identical to filestem_tsh_vr+orig? I see that one is created from the other using 3dcopy.

2. If I am using the default anat2epi procedure, wouldn't the final epi output only combine transformations for obliquity and motion correction (and slice-timing correction)? I thought the alignment would be represented only in the mprage_al+orig file.

3. When you say the final output "combines transformations", do you mean that the sequentially-computed (but not applied) transformations are simultaneously applied in the final step? I understood that the benefit of using align_epi_anat.py was that all transforms were applied together, reducing data changes caused by multiple interpolations. If, on the other hand, the final output is produced by sequentially applying each transformation, it seems that align_epi_anat.py works the same as if I scripted 3dTshift, 3dvolreg, and 3dAllineate on my own.

Sorry to be a pest--I just want to be clear about what is happening to the data.

Jeff
Subject Author Posted

more confusion over align_epi_anat.py

Jeffrey Phillips April 14, 2009 02:00AM

Re: more confusion over align_epi_anat.py

Daniel Glen April 14, 2009 12:37PM

Jeff Phillips April 14, 2009 01:30PM

Daniel Glen April 14, 2009 03:54PM