AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 16, 2009 01:23PM
We are having a problem running 3dDeconvolve in our functional connectivity analysis. I have 5 question, that I have labeled below. I apologize in advance for the length (and possible incoherence).

To start, originally I ran 3dDeconvolve using a “local times” duration modulated regressor format AND my regressor files were .txt files (I see in examples that .1d files are used, (1)should I have performed a preprocessing step to convert my txt files to .1d files? (2)What would this step look like?). (3)Should I use the waver function on the local times duration modulated regressor files in the .txt format? (4)Does this work? [I’ve included an example of my dmBLOCK regressor files and my 3dDecon script, in case I have missed something]

I ask these question because when we create the functional connectivity regressor files, they are in a “global times” format, and are comprised of 1/0/-1. Thus, when we run 3dDecon for the second time with the inclusion of the functional connectivity regressors we get a fatal error (I assume it’s because I specify –local_times and obviously the functional connectivity regressors are not in a local time format).

From what I understand (which is very little), we have to perform the waver function on this regressor file, which converts it into a .1D file, and which is still in a global time format (a single column). (5)My idea is to use the make_stim_times.py to convert the functional connectivity regressor .txt file into a “local times” format, THEN perform the waver. But this gets back to the question of whether waver will work on local time regressors. I tried using the make_stim_times.py on the .1D regressor file once it had been “waver-ed” but this created a file of “*” (So I know that’s not a solution) .

I hope this post is at least somewhat coherent. Help would be great! Thanks.

3dDeconvolve -input pb04.1086*.BRIK \
-num_stimts 16 \
-polort 3 \
-local_times \
-stim_times_AM1 1 Att.Neg.txt 'dmBLOCK' -stim_label 1 'atneg’ \
-stim_times_AM1 2 Att.Pos.txt 'dmBLOCK' -stim_label 2 'atpos' \
-fout –tout

Sample Regressor file:
1:1 3:1.5 6.8:0.7
2:1.2 7:0.9

Subject Author Posted

Functional Connectivity Decon with local times