AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 18, 2009 07:34PM
Hello,

I had another question on 3dUndump. In the past I've always used the "-master" option with this command rather than the "-dimen" (and then you could use "-mask" and perhaps "-rss" option).

I was curious what some advantages are to using -dimen/-mask over -master, and also wanted to clarify how AFNI handles the -rss option.

The masks I've been working with have previously been resampled to the resolution I want to use, so in that case I suppose -master is no different from specifying 'dimen' and 'mask'. Perhaps if you used dimen and mask you could use a mask resampled to an arbitrary resolution?

For the -rss (spheres option), I was curious if a radius larger than the voxel resolution would ever be used. (And if so, how AFNI would handle overlapping sphere's from nearby voxels). I guess using a sphere smaller than the voxel resolution confuses me as you would have leftover space in the voxel with no data, if that makes sense.

Basically, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything useful here about these alternative options for 3dUndump. Sorry if I've missed any of this info elsewhere.

Thanks,

John S.
Subject Author Posted

3dUndump question

John Sheppard April 18, 2009 07:34PM

Re: 3dUndump question

rick reynolds April 20, 2009 05:04PM

Re: 3dUndump question

John Sheppard May 03, 2009 10:08PM