AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 24, 2009 10:05AM
Hello AFNI experts,

After analyzing a dataset in AFNI, we decided to analyze it also in SPM, since it appeared that the motion correction parameters (given by the .1D files from 3dvolreg) were somehow underweighted. When running the realign & unwarp step in SPM, the motion parameters given in the .ps file did appear to be much greater.

However, when I concatenated the rotation parameter files from a single subject in SPM and viewed them in 1dplot, it looked very similar to the AFNI motion correction plot (see attachments for comparison).

My question is whether there is some sort of scaling issue I am overlooking in 1dplot. Also, which of the columns in the 1D files correspond to which movement parameter? (I would like to compare the scaling differences in the 1D files between AFNI and SPM).

Thank you,

-Andrew
Subject Author Posted

Motion Correction AFNI vs. SPM

Andrew Jahn April 24, 2009 10:05AM

Re: Motion Correction AFNI vs. SPM

Daniel Glen April 24, 2009 11:06AM

rick reynolds April 24, 2009 11:30AM

bob cox April 25, 2009 05:40PM