AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 05, 2009 09:04AM
Hi,
The experimental paradigm used in my study was a block design
with blocks of electrical stimulation stimulation (ON-block), alternating with blocks of no stimulation (OFF-block). Stimulation was delivered to 3 different fingers (finger1, finger2, finger3), so finger was a within-subjects variable. Functional imaging (same block protocol) was performed before and after the treatment , so time was a within-subjects variable having 2 levels (pre, post. Subjects were assigned to two groups, receiving either X or Y type of treatment, so group was a between-subjects variable.

I've run 3dDeconvolve on each individual subject. I obtained betas for finger1_pre, finger2_pre, finger3_pre, finger1_post, finger2_post, and finger3_post.

Difference maps (pre vs post) for finger 1 demonstrated ststistically significant negative z statistics in some regions. In order to demonstrate fmri signal decrease in these regions as a result of treatment , a reviewer recommends me to show group maps of pre and post scans for finger 1 in separate figures and a table with % signal change. However, I could not figure out how I can make a group analysis and obtain a group map separetly for finger1_pre and finger1_post. I am confused, because I am trying to obtain a group map for one condition (e.g. finger1_pre) with no comparison between conditions (e.g pre vs post).

A similar figure that I am trying to obtain is the Figure 2 in Napadow et al. 2007, [www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu]

I would really appreciate any comments.
Thanks
Ozcelik
Subject Author Posted

group maps for one condition

Ozcelik May 05, 2009 09:04AM

Re: group maps for one condition

Daniel Glen May 05, 2009 10:03AM

Ozcelik May 05, 2009 04:20PM

rick reynolds May 05, 2009 11:02PM