History of AFNI updates  

|
May 05, 2009 09:04AM
Hi,
The experimental paradigm used in my study was a block design
with blocks of electrical stimulation stimulation (ON-block), alternating with blocks of no stimulation (OFF-block). Stimulation was delivered to 3 different fingers (finger1, finger2, finger3), so finger was a within-subjects variable. Functional imaging (same block protocol) was performed before and after the treatment , so time was a within-subjects variable having 2 levels (pre, post. Subjects were assigned to two groups, receiving either X or Y type of treatment, so group was a between-subjects variable.

I've run 3dDeconvolve on each individual subject. I obtained betas for finger1_pre, finger2_pre, finger3_pre, finger1_post, finger2_post, and finger3_post.

Difference maps (pre vs post) for finger 1 demonstrated ststistically significant negative z statistics in some regions. In order to demonstrate fmri signal decrease in these regions as a result of treatment , a reviewer recommends me to show group maps of pre and post scans for finger 1 in separate figures and a table with % signal change. However, I could not figure out how I can make a group analysis and obtain a group map separetly for finger1_pre and finger1_post. I am confused, because I am trying to obtain a group map for one condition (e.g. finger1_pre) with no comparison between conditions (e.g pre vs post).

A similar figure that I am trying to obtain is the Figure 2 in Napadow et al. 2007, [www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu]

I would really appreciate any comments.
Thanks
Ozcelik
Subject Author Posted

group maps for one condition

Ozcelik May 05, 2009 09:04AM

Re: group maps for one condition

Daniel Glen May 05, 2009 10:03AM

Ozcelik May 05, 2009 04:20PM

rick reynolds May 05, 2009 11:02PM