AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 01, 2009 11:26AM

hi Gang (and other AFNI folk)

I have been using 3dMEMA and think it's terrific, so thanks. However, I have a question about the option of outputting t or z-stats. I was under the impression that this would be similar to 3dmerge -1zscore, in that it would be a simple conversion that would not change the results of the anaysis with respect to what voxels were declared active at a given p-value, but this does not appear to be the case.

I have run the same R script and only changed the option for t or z, and I get significantly different patterns in the results of each (specifically, the active voxels in the z-stat condition are a small subset of those in the t-stat condition at the same p-value threshold).

I feel I must certainly be missing something obvious--please advise?

thanks!

James
Subject Author Posted

3dMEMA z stat vs. t stat

James July 01, 2009 11:26AM

Re: 3dMEMA z stat vs. t stat

Gang Chen July 01, 2009 11:48AM

James July 01, 2009 12:05PM

Gang Chen July 01, 2009 04:19PM