AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 02, 2009 01:41PM
> obviously something is not quite right--got any inkling of what that might be?

I'm baffled by this too, and one thing I've noticed is that, most of the voxels statistically significant at group level are not really significant at individual level. For example, the contrast between the two condition at voxel of (i, j, k) = (65, 47, 36) is significant with both t and Z at group level, but the t-statistic for the contrast is NOT significant for most subjects.

> in general the data look quite good in the sense of each condition vs. rest
> looking very much like it does in similar published studies

Group or individual level?

Gang
Subject Author Posted

3dMEMA z stat vs. t stat

James July 01, 2009 11:26AM

Re: 3dMEMA z stat vs. t stat

Gang Chen July 01, 2009 11:48AM

James July 01, 2009 12:05PM