AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 09, 2009 02:04PM
Good afternoon,

I have a question about assessing how well volreg was able to correct for motion. I know one way to do this is to visually assess if the corrected images are shifting by moving through the times series in AFNI. In terms of a more quantitative estimate, could one run volreg a second time and then look at the 1Dplot of "motion" produced from the corrected images? Would this give an accurate assessment of the error in the correction?

The main reason why I am asking is that I have some subjects that moved several mm, but mainly in one direction. The motion correction seems to have worked pretty well when I do the visual inspection, but it would be nice to have a more quantitative estimate of the error.

Much thanks,
Christy
Subject Author Posted

evaluating motion correction

Christy Wilson July 09, 2009 02:04PM

Re: evaluating motion correction

ziad July 09, 2009 04:05PM

Christy Wilson July 13, 2009 10:29AM

rick reynolds July 13, 2009 11:13AM