AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 13, 2009 10:29AM
Hi Ziad & Rick,

Much thanks for the input. My intention in running volreg a second time was just to look at the plot of the distance from the original reference volume to the corrected volumes. I would just delete the data files produced. I think this is what Ziad was saying above about subtracting the reference volume? If the numbers in the plot are low and a visual inspection of the data looks good, is it safe to think that the corrections worked well? I've tried this out, and I get very small numbers for all subjects but one. It is clear from visual inspection also that corrections didn't work for this subject - he moved too much too fast.

Thanks, Rick, for the note about 1d_tool.py. I will definitely start using it. It appears that most of the subjects in question actually moved between runs -- especially if it was a sudden movement (some are more gradual). Would it still make sense to censor the time points? It was a long study, and I think they were getting antsy during the breaks between the last runs.

Christy
Subject Author Posted

evaluating motion correction

Christy Wilson July 09, 2009 02:04PM

Re: evaluating motion correction

ziad July 09, 2009 04:05PM

Christy Wilson July 13, 2009 10:29AM

rick reynolds July 13, 2009 11:13AM

Christy Wilson July 13, 2009 11:41AM