AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 20, 2009 09:59PM
Hello,
I’m wondering if anyone has had similar issues as I have had with exporting/importing files (below) and can help?

In my analysis I:
-export anat+tlrc.HEAD image from AFNI to MRIcro
-convert to .hdr/.img format
-use Amira software for drawing an ROI mask on anat+tlrc.hdr
-convert ROImask.am (Amira file) to DICOM
-import the ROImask.dc3 back into AFNI
-convert to HEAD/BRIK using to3d
-resample the ROImask+orig to EPI grid
-use 3dmaskave to extract PSC values from each ROI.

In the past I have done all of the above steps, but using an anat+orig.HEAD file to start with. Using these steps with the anat+orig file, I have had no issues with the ROI mask lining up correctly with the anatomical image.

However, now I am exporting a +tlrc anatomical image from AFNI to use for drawing ROIs in Amira and when I convert back to AFNI using to3d, the mask does not line up and the ROIs have been altered slightly. I suspect this has something to do with the mask being in +orig space and the anatomical in +tlrc. But I am unsure how to get around this? I tried using adwarp to warp the ROImask+orig dataset to my anat+tlrc but it did not recognize the ROImask file as a valid dataset. But even if it did, warping would not fix the ROI alterations that occurred.
Also, I would prefer to limit the amount of transformations to the mask (as was my reasoning for drawing it on a talairached anat image).

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Kristen
Subject Author Posted

Alignment issues with imported ROImask

Kristen August 20, 2009 09:59PM

Re: Alignment issues with imported ROImask

rick reynolds August 21, 2009 10:54AM

Kristen August 21, 2009 03:22PM

Daniel Glen August 22, 2009 02:12PM