AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 15, 2009 07:51AM
Thanks Daniel for the explanation!

So if I understand correctly, the apparent non-alignment is due to how AFNI displays the volumes - it only looks at the scaling (diagonal elements) and translation (last column) values in the IJK_TO_DICOM_REAL matrix, right?

What I don't understand is then if I match an anatomical with an oblique EPIs using align_epi_anat.py (aligning an anatomical to an EPI, i.e. leave the EPI untouched) why visual inspection suggests that the volumes are in alignment. Since the EPIs are still oblique I would expect the alignment to be off in the AFNI viewer. Could you please explain? More generally, should I be worried that even though functional volumes seem properly aligned with an anatomical, in reality they are not?

thanks again,

Nick
Subject Author Posted

question about oblique images

Nick September 14, 2009 03:05PM

Re: question about oblique images

Daniel Glen September 14, 2009 03:51PM

Nick September 15, 2009 07:51AM

Daniel Glen September 15, 2009 09:47AM