AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 22, 2009 06:31AM
Hi, Ziad,
Thanks very much. Not sure that I completely get it. Here's what I was thinking (maybe this will help you to steer me in the right direction):

(1) I'll use CreateIcosahedron to generate a spherical surface.

(2) In MatLab I'll create volumes encompassing the sphere, each with a different vector projected onto the surface of the sphere. I.e. each volume would have zeros everywhere, and ones where the vector intersects the unit sphere.

(3) Save these volumes to BRIK files using WriteBrick.

(4) Load the sphere into SUMA.

(5) Start AFNI. Set the volumetric version of the sphere surface as the underlay (not sure how to generate this). Step through the volumes that I created in (3) as the overlays. Take a snapshot of each in SUMA and use these snapshots to create a movie.

This may not be the easiest way to do it. In what you suggested it sounds like I don't use AFNI at all. I don't know how to step through different overlays in SUMA (without having it talking to AFNI), but maybe this is easy. Is ConvertSurface a MatLab function or do you run it from the shell? If I generate the overlay surfaces directly in MatLab (a) how do I specify them in MatLab (I was just going to use a volume, as I am pretty naive when it comes to surfaces), and (b) how do I save them?

Thanks,
Aaron
Subject Author Posted

SUMA: how to create a "toy" surface

Aaron Schurger October 21, 2009 05:08PM

Re: SUMA: how to create a "toy" surface

ziad October 21, 2009 10:46PM

Aaron Schurger October 22, 2009 06:31AM

ziad October 27, 2009 02:33PM