AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 27, 2009 05:11PM
Ziad,
You asked what I was trying to do... I want to visualize some high-dimensional data by first using multi-dimensional scaling to bring it down to 3-D, and then showing the intersection of the vectors with the surface of a transparent sphere. To make a long story short, I want to simulate a toy "plasma sphere" (see attached), with the ability to specify where on the surface the plasma beam lands, then move it around one frame at a time to create an animation. I'll look carefully at the demos that you suggested. If you happen to know a jiffy recipe for doing what I've described, please let me know.
Best wishes,
Aaron
Subject Author Posted

SUMA: how to create a "toy" surface

Aaron Schurger October 21, 2009 05:08PM

Re: SUMA: how to create a "toy" surface

ziad October 21, 2009 10:46PM

Aaron Schurger October 22, 2009 06:31AM

ziad October 27, 2009 02:33PM