AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 16, 2009 03:44PM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm whether it is possible to get interactive statistical thresholding with surface-domain data in SUMA, using 1D files. In AFNI, if you have the 3d stats datatype you can get these from a t-stat, F-stat, etc. Is this possible? It seems to me the answer is no, as I saw nothing about interactive thresholding in the SUMA documentation, but I'm not 100% sure.

If this is not possible, I can either export data as "1-FDR" and threshold at e.g. 0.95, or I suppose I could use 3dSurf2Vol and get interactive thresholding of my surface stats in volume-domain, and then project thresholded data back to surface with linked AFNI/SUMA.

The reason I ask is because I do see the "p = N/A; q = N/A" in the surface viewer for the thresholding. Also, if I use a program like 3dANOVA with 1D files, there is some stats information in a "header" section at the top of the 1D file -- I'm not sure if this serves a functional purpose or is just for the user's reference:

# <AFNI_3D_dataset
# self_idcode = "XYZ_v7N630OyIQl-_vAa7AjmEA"
# ni_type = "2*float"
# ni_dimen = "1280,1,1"
# ni_delta = "1,1,1"
# ni_origin = "0,0,0"
# ni_axes = "R-L,A-P,I-S"
# ni_stat = "none;Ftest(2,44)"
# >
6.2082 0.507406
4.65624 0.949565

Thanks for the help,

John
Subject Author Posted

Interactive stats thresholding in SUMA?

John Sheppard December 16, 2009 03:44PM

Re: Interactive stats thresholding in SUMA?

rick reynolds December 18, 2009 03:50PM

John Sheppard December 19, 2009 08:10AM

rick reynolds December 19, 2009 08:38AM

John Sheppard December 19, 2009 08:06PM

John Sheppard December 19, 2009 08:25PM

John Sheppard December 20, 2009 10:37AM

rick reynolds December 20, 2009 10:42AM

John Sheppard December 19, 2009 09:17PM