AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Chad
July 08, 2010 04:30PM
I've got a CT that I'd like to use to3d on to bring into AFNI, but it has a gantry tilt of 30 degrees, so I get a fairly oblong looking brain when I try something simple.

I can compute different image position attribute values, based on the tilt, and pass the modified DICOM files into to3d, but thought I'd run this by some AFNI gurus first.

Two things occur to me: first, the DICOM standard explicitly says "not intended for mathematical computations" about the gantry tilt; and second, how will to3d handle a volume where each slice has a different A-P origin from the image position attribute.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences on getting a CT brick from a volume with gantry tilt?

Many Thanks.

Subject Author Posted

Gantry Tilt

Chad July 08, 2010 04:30PM

Re: Gantry Tilt

Daniel Glen July 08, 2010 05:08PM

Chad July 08, 2010 05:38PM

Daniel Glen July 08, 2010 06:03PM

Chad July 09, 2010 09:04AM