AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jed Meltzer
August 09, 2012 04:25PM
I created some datasets in matlab that are now "abuc" buckets. I want to warp them to MNI space using external software (ANTS, but I've read about people having similar problems with bioimagesuite and fsl). The problem is that most Nifti-aware software expects a 4D dataset to be a different format. I'm unable to get the whole 4D dataset to warp correctly. Based on this webpage:

[nifti.nimh.nih.gov]

it seems to me that my data as an abuc is concatenated in the FIFTH DIMENSION (wow man) when it should be in the fourth dimension, as in 3d+time. As a workaround, I tried using fslsplit to chop up my data temporarily into 3d files, but that doesn't work either for the same reason - it expects the "time dimension" to be in the fourth slot not the fifth.

I can think of two possible solutions, but I don't know how to do either of them.

1) Could I "convert" an abuc dataset into a 3d+time dataset? Is there an easy way to do that? Wouid I have to resort to to3d? (shudders)
2) Is there a way to "split" an abuc dataset into 3d files, so I can warp them individually and then reassemble them into a 4D nifti dataset?
Subject Author Posted

4D in Nifti problems

Jed Meltzer August 09, 2012 04:25PM

Re: 4D in Nifti problems

gang August 09, 2012 04:49PM

Daniel Glen August 09, 2012 05:10PM

Jed Meltzer August 09, 2012 05:42PM

Daniel Glen August 09, 2012 05:51PM