AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 10, 2012 01:11PM
Hello again AFNI people,

I have been tasked with figuring out a way to import ROI tracings from ANALYZE into AFNI so that we can overlay them onto 3D+time datasets and extract functional information.

After scanning, all of our data was reconstructed from DICOM to AFNI format. Then, for tracing, the anatomical dataset was put into ANALYZE format using 3dAFNItoANALYZE -orient LPI. In ANALYZE, the hippocampal tracings were saved as .obj files (object maps).

So, I have been resaving all of these object maps as .hdr/.img files, and then using 3dcopy to transform them into AFNI's .BRIK/.HEAD format.

The issue is the alignment between these AFNI-formatted tracings and each subject's anatomical/functional data in AFNI. The traced ROIs are shifted towards the back of the head, and down. This seems to be happening in a consistent way for all subjects. I'm assuming this alignment issue is related to the warning I get when I use 3dcopy to transform the traced ROIs into AFNI....WARNING: No ANALYZE origin found in file tracing_6029_0000.hdr.

I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done to properly align each subject's tracing with their anatomical/functional data?

Thanks in advance,
Liesel
Subject Author Posted

ANALYZE object maps to AFNI

Liesel-Ann Meusel August 10, 2012 01:11PM

Re: ANALYZE object maps to AFNI

Daniel Glen August 10, 2012 01:54PM

Liesel-Ann Meusel August 11, 2012 04:03PM

rick reynolds August 12, 2012 09:36PM