AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 11, 2012 04:03PM
Thanks for the quick response. I've played around with the 3drefit command, and it definitely seems to be what I'm looking for; however, no matter what I try, I can't seem to make the orientation of the datasets line up.

The original anatomical dataset that I reconstruct from DICOM to AFNI is in RSA orientation.
When I transform the anatomical dataset from AFNI to ANALYZE, I use the -orient LPI command. Using 3dcopy to get the traced ROI dataset back into AFNI, the orientation remains LPI.

At this point, despite the fact that the original anatomical dataset is in RSA orientation and the traced ROI dataset is in LPI orientation, both appear to be in the same orientation in the AFNI viewer; it is just the alignment that is slightly off. This in itself seems a bit odd....?

With the -duporigin command, the alignment becomes much much worse (presumably because of the different orientations?). And when I try to orient the traced ROI dataset to that of the original anatomical (RSA), it ends up upside down and face down. Playing around with the -orient command and the -xorigin, -yorigin, and -zorigin commands in 3drefit, I am able to get the R to L extent, A to P extent, and I to S extent to match between the two datasets, but I can't seem to make the orientations of the two datasets match.

Not sure where to go from here, but any advice/help would be great!!

Thanks again,
L
Subject Author Posted

ANALYZE object maps to AFNI

Liesel-Ann Meusel August 10, 2012 01:11PM

Re: ANALYZE object maps to AFNI

Daniel Glen August 10, 2012 01:54PM

Liesel-Ann Meusel August 11, 2012 04:03PM

rick reynolds August 12, 2012 09:36PM