AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
John Graner
December 04, 2012 11:27AM
Rick,

Thanks for the help.

I think I've got things worked out for these data: sorting the DICOM files by volume and then slice location, putting them through dimon without -dicom_org, and then running the to3d call created by dimon.

One final question (I hope):
As a check, I tried running the file sorting on some data that play nicely with the -dicom_org option and found that two BRIKs created from the data, one using -dicom_org and one NOT using -dicom_org, looked identical in the AFNI viewer. After converting them to NIFTI I opened them up with FSL (just to make sure they looked the same there, too) and found that the two images were swapped in the left-right direction. Upon further inspection it turns out that -dicom_org was reordering the slices for each volume (after my sorting) so one of the BRIKs went left-to-right and the other went right-to-left. But, this switch was properly reflected in the orientation code of each BRIK (which I'm assuming allowed AFNI to display them identically) and I just had to use 3dresample -orient to get them in the same orientation. After that, they looked the same in the FSL viewer as well.
Does using 3dresample in this way effect the timing information related to 3dTshift you mentioned in your previous post?

Thanks again,
-John
Subject Author Posted

Problematic dimon files

John November 16, 2012 04:25PM

Re: Problematic dimon files

John November 26, 2012 01:16PM

rick reynolds November 26, 2012 09:42PM

John November 28, 2012 12:03PM