AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Isa
March 14, 2013 11:06AM
Hi Rick and Daniel,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely give afni_proc.py a try. I read the documentation online but before writing the scripts, I was wondering what the optimal way (sequence order) to preprocess my data. In a previous post, I mentioned that we had EPIs from two different sessions and we wanted to align everything together. Daniel suggested that I used the high resolution anatomical from the first session to align all the scans together (including the EPIs from the second session). However, I would also like to obtain the motion parameters for each run to include them later as regressors of no interest. So my question is:

Is it better to align all the EPIs to each other first and then use the volume registered EPIs and align them to the anatomical scan using align_e2a command

or do I align the EPIs to the anatomical scan first and then use the volreg option to get the motion parameters.

Thank you for your help,

Isa
Subject Author Posted

Preprocessing

Isa March 11, 2013 01:19PM

Re: Preprocessing

Daniel Glen March 11, 2013 03:12PM

rick reynolds March 11, 2013 03:52PM

Isa March 14, 2013 11:06AM