AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 21, 2013 01:26PM
I found that there is a recommendation in another post to use the internal blur feature of 3dQwarp on both the template and input brain (-blur 3 3) when using the TT+N27 template. The current implementation in auto_warp.py (called from afni_proc.py) currently uses blur for the input but not the template (e.g. -blur 0 3). Suggesting that it would be better at performing a warp to a blurry template than a sharp template.

For what it's worth, I'm still getting very good registrations via afni_proc.py/auto_warp.py to the TT_N27 template with only a few exceptions. I assess the registration via 3dedge3 and in the AFNI viewer. I have tackling the few problematic warps on my list of things to investigate. In the meantime, if you feel enterprising, I think you could modify the line in auto_warp.py to change the default from -blur 0 3 to -blur 3 3. That may hold you over until an update to auto_warp.py enables different options.

[afni.nimh.nih.gov]
Subject Author Posted

3dSkullStrip and nonlinear registration

Isaac Schwabacher November 20, 2013 05:31PM

Re: 3dSkullStrip and nonlinear registration

ziad November 20, 2013 07:45PM

Peter Molfese November 20, 2013 09:48PM

Isaac Schwabacher November 21, 2013 11:13AM

Mingbo November 21, 2013 12:25PM