AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 18, 2014 03:25PM
Hello Nilufar,

Nilufar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Afni experts,
> I have a question, It would be appreciated if you
> could help me.
> I have transfered volumetric data to surface data
> using 3dVol2Surf,
So at this stage you would have created a surface-based dataset which must be loaded into SUMA with the 'Load Dset' button of the surface controller. To switch between sub-bricks of the datset, you will need to use the 'I' and 'T' selectors in a manner similar though not identical to what you do in AFNI. See the slides in suma.pdf , particularly starting from page 50 (slide 58).

> Now I want to see the results.
> when I use these commands:
> -afni -niml &
> -suma -spec ... -sv ...
> -press 't' in suma window
> , every thing is good. but I can not see the
> surface data during the time. I mean when I plot
> the graph of data in afni and change the time, the
> surface data does not change in time.

When AFNI is talking to SUMA, it only sends node colors, not values, to SUMA. This is meant to ensure that what you see in SUMA is very close in appearance to the colors AFNI is using. In any case, you actually want to load your surface-based dataset directly onto SUMA as I mentioned above.

> I can not find any option to see the behaviour of
> surface data during time.
>
> I also have another question: Is there any shell
> command to transfer surface data (SurfVol, pial,
> white matter , ...) to template surface anatomy in
> order to start group analysis?

You don't need to do this. Assuming you are using the standard-mesh surfaces that @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS created for you. then you can go straight to group analysis. The process is described somewhat starting at page 30 in suma.pdf. You can also read about it in this SUMA paper and this older but more detailed one.
After mapping your data onto standard meshes, you can take the surface-based datasets directly to group level analysis.

If you can, I would highly recommend you attend the upcoming AFNI bootcamp where we cover this and lots more.

> 'ConvertSurface' the answer?
No, not for what you are trying to do.

cheers,
Ziad
Subject Author Posted

Visualizing timing of surface data in SUMA

Nilufar June 18, 2014 11:11AM

Re: Visualizing timing of surface data in SUMA

ziad June 18, 2014 03:25PM

Re: Visualizing timing of surface data in SUMA

Nilufar June 19, 2014 09:38AM