AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 14, 2016 07:40AM
hi all

We have a study in which participants view three kinds of video in the scanner. Because of the nature of the stimuli it was not possible to equate them in length, so instead they range from about 25-40 seconds. I have modelled them using -stim_times_AM1 with dmUBLOCK following Bob's recommendation (as I understand it) in the 3dDeconvolve help.

While the results are fine, I am curious about the shape of the responses, especially at the start of the videos. I tried using 'TENTzero(-3,25,11)' and got reasonable-looking results but I am not sure how reliable they are since I am leaving a lot of unmodelled stimulus. Does anybody have any advice about this?

Secondly, in the GLM using dmUBLOCK the responses in the left ATL come out as C > A=B, where the difference between C and B is significantly different from that between A and B. However, when I look at the responses that come out of the TENT GLM, the response to A is higher than that to B at its peak, though the trough-to-peak distance is greater for B (see attached picture if it attached, though it does not look like it has). In other words, if the blue line (A) were moved down to line up with the other two at the trough around point 3 on the x-axis, then the responses would fit what comes out of the GLM using dmUBLOCK. But I can't just subtract from one series because I feel like it. So how do I square what I get from dmUBLOCK with what I get from TENT? Or am I trying to square a circle, or comparing apples and oranges, or whatever?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance.

James
Subject Author Posted

How to graph early response to stimuli of differing durations

jkeidel January 14, 2016 07:40AM

Re: How to graph early response to stimuli of differing durations

gang January 14, 2016 08:49PM

jkeidel January 15, 2016 05:55AM

gang January 16, 2016 02:33PM

jkeidel January 20, 2016 12:25PM